Ultra-low-power computing from GreenNet
GreenNet is now offering our members a pioneering new development in low-power computing for NGOs/charities and environmentally-conscious home users. A fully-equipped desktop computer that fits in the palm of your hand, yet consumes a mere 9 watts of electricity at peak performance. This nifty little box will not make any noise, drain your power source or dim your lights, but it will run on a car battery for hours! Most desktops use between 150W-250W at peak performance! We’ll leave you to do the maths…
The ultra-low-power E2 mini computer is broadband ready, comes with a fully MS Office compatible suite of applications (OpenOffice) and the hugely popular Free and Open Source operating system known as Ubuntu, a distribution of Linux – and a great alternative to Windows XP/Vista or Mac OS, visit whylinuxisbetter.net to find out more.
Or if you prefer Windows XP, it is also available on the E2.
Small and sleek...
A Sustainable Computer
- Smaller Motherboard, Less Toxins: Like most electronics our product contains elements which can be environmentally damaging, but since it’s 16% the size of a standard motherboard, there’s a lot less of them.
- Simpler Design: Every component is compressed onto one board, extending the lifetime of the system and eliminating sources of e-waste such as hard drives, optical drives, graphics cards, etc.
- Centralized Production: Everything is made on one assembly line, reducing the amount of carbon emissions needed to produce this workstation.
- Greener Operating System: Windows and Mac OS are sold in boxes. Massive amounts of paper & plastic are manufactured before the boxes get shipped to shops. Linux is freely downloadable from the Internet; no amount of plastic or paper is involved.
VESA-Mountable, less space...
Ultra Low Power.
Fast Performance. Fits in the hand. Uses just 8 watts.
- Great Performance: With 1GB RAM and a powerful OS, applications like Firefox, OpenOffice, and Skype open in seconds!
- Ultra Low-Power: During peak performance consumes just 9 watts of power, 96% less than a traditional desktop (150W). Add a 10 Watt LCD monitor and it’s still just 19 watts!
- Unbreakable: Rugged, aluminium case for tough environments. No moving parts means it can handle drops.
- Extremely Tiny: Only 11.5cm x 11.5cm x 3.5cm (4.5” x 4.5” x 1.4”), or a little bit larger than two decks of cards! Weighs just 505 grams!
- Setup in Minutes: With everything pre-installed, we guarantee you can be writing documents, surfing the web, emailing pals and making calls on Skype in 5 minutes!
- VESA-Mountable: Attaches directly to 100mm x 100mm interface on back of most LCDs to create a zero footprint PC!
- Drivers Galore: Add any printer, Wi-Fi dongle, 3G modem, webcam, or iPod without relying on setup wizards or having to download drivers. With the Ubuntu OS, it’s plug-n-play!
- 3 Year Warranty: Covers any hardware failure at no extra cost.
- Unrivaled Support: Unlimited direct email contact directly with the manufacturer, Aleutia hardware support, for help on any issue for 36 months!
- Completely Silent: No noisy fan inside.
- 90 Day Money-Back Guarantee, Including Shipping: If you don’t love it, you have 90 days to return it and we’ll offer you a full refund on your order. In the UK, we’ll arrange for a free collection!
For more information on power consumption and/or to place an order use the orange button below to go to the Services section of the website.
Costs just £189 (ex VAT).
More updates to follow...
GreenNet is working closely with Aleutia to offer a faster and higher spec system with minimal increase (if any) in power consumption! This is a very exciting time for information technology, the environment and public awareness of the issues, and we’re proud to be leading the way.
Click the button below if you would like to hear when the new systems are available, how to get your hands on one, or if you would like a demo first, just let us know and you can swing by our offices in Old St, London, where we have one setup for public use for Development House guests, and we’ll sign you in!